Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Although today is my 30th birthday, which only comes once, I will secede the spotlight momentarily to my wonderful husband on Father's Day. The kids and I are blessed to have him. He's the definition of a hands-on dad, no easy feat with four kids ages 6, 4, 3, and 7 months. He has never balked at the nasty side of parenting: cleaning puke, changing diapers, discipline. He helps with meals, handles bedtimes, baths, takes the baby when I need him to. He wrestles and plays dolls. The boys eat him up like cotton candy; they just love everything he says and does. They are certain there is no one in the world stronger or smarter or more capable of fixing things than their Daddy. I remember the feeling that the house was safe and the world was alright when my daddy was home. I am so glad that I married a man who is able to give that same feeling to our kids. Babe, thanks for everything you do. Your babies love you, and I love you.

No comments: