Thursday, July 16, 2009

Seth Hayden - 8 Months


Seth, you are 8 months old. You are absolutely, perfectly, completely 8 months old.



At 8 months, you are:
  • eating solids three times per day, and down to about 4 bottles per day (of 6 ounces each).
  • working on cutting your top middle tooth. You have already cut your four bottom middle teeth.
  • perfectly stationary. Crawling is optional, and you have opted out.
  • waving 'hi' and making our day every time you do it.
  • giving open-mouth kisses (thanks, but no thanks on the tongue).
  • in a size 3 diaper, and 9 - 12 month clothing.
  • still sleeping in a cradle in our closet. No need to break out the crib just yet, as a) we don't have anywhere to put it, and b) you aren't moving around, so the cradle is working just fine.
  • learning to feed yourself, slowly but surely. You've almost got it, although more food still ends up in the floor than in your mouth.
  • finding your voice, and you are so loud. You've started saying "ba-ba-ba" - not meaning anything by it just yet.
  • wary of strangers, and also Ari (he loves you, but roughly). Owen will always bring a smile to your face.

I have plenty of words to describe all the things you're doing, all the ways you're growing. But I do not have words for how much I love you, how much happiness you've brought into our home, how much laughter you've brought to me. In the middle of my toughest times, it seems you've come here just to teach me that I can experience unadultered joy again. You are our gift and our blessing. Little Bitty, you are a bright, bright spot.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Seriously, he is the most precious baby boy! I just love him! Can you believe how time flies? I feel like it was yesterday that I got a call that you had the baby! It's just so weird how time flies! He is beautiful! Miss you guys, hope you are doing well sweet girl! Lots of love!