Tuesday, May 12, 2009

6 Months Old

Six months old today and the medical bills are just now rolling in for his birth. Took them long enough to skin us alive. Thanks, hospital!

Since he's 6 months old now, I've decided to wean Seth to a bottle. I'm taking four pills a day to make milk for him, and I'm still having to supplement, so it's time. He's adjusting really quickly, which is a good thing, but still makes me a little sad. I've enjoyed and hated nursing him, both, bittersweet to say the least. But he may just be my last little one, and so of course there's some sadness in ending this part of our relationship. He's a big boy now, though, so he's moving on to other delicious things such as refried beans (pictured above) and mashed potatoes. He's the pickiest little eater I've had, and he rejects most everything I've given him in the way of baby food. Perhaps he just has a more mature palate.

No comments: