Saturday, March 21, 2009

4 Months

Dear Seth,
Last week you turned 4 months old. How can that be? I've stopped thinking in terms of how many weeks you are, and now I'm thinking in terms of months. I just can't believe how time flies. Your infanthood is flashing by me, and all I want it to do is SLOW DOWN. How can I make you slow down?


At four months, you are:

  • 16 pounds, 13 ounces and 26 inches long, which puts you in the 90th percentile for both.
  • now rolling from your tummy to your back, and you are very close to rolling from back to tummy.
  • cutting two bottom teeth, which are just barely poking through the surface.
  • wearing 6 - 9 month clothing and a size 3 diaper.
  • nursing 6 times a day, and still waking at least once each night (most nights, twice).
  • sleeping in your bassinet in our room, still - and you are over the weight limit, but I'm not ready to break out the big crib just yet.
  • reaching and grabbing objects with a purpose.
  • cooing, smiling, but not really laughing just yet.
  • just starting on solids - we've had bananas a few times, and you are pretty indifferent.
  • enjoying your bouncy seat, Jumparoo, and swing - but the big hit is the Laugh-n-Learn. You also really love your taggy toy.
  • on a really good daytime schedule.
  • still the star of the show.

As you lose your "newborn-ness" and turn into a real, live baby, I'm learning more and more about you. Your moods, your cries, your coos, and learning to meet your needs with greater ease. As we understand each other better, I am able to keep you happier. But really, you are the most mellow little thing ever, and I couldn't possibly ask for anything more wonderful than you. I love you, I love you, I love you. I can't imagine you getting big, like your brothers - my mind can't wrap around that. But when you do, I will still be here, loving you.

Mama

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh so sweet!!!!! They grow WAY too fast!! ;(