Monday, July 10, 2006

Is this thing on?

We're back from our almost-5 week stint in Kazakhstan. I know most of you followed along in the travel blog, but for those of you that didn't, we are pleased to introduce our daughter, Eva.


She is a healthy little girl, just turned 1 year old. And I'm headed back to Kazakhstan to pick her up next week. We should have her home by the end of July. I can't wait!

The trip wasn't without its problems. In fact, it was pretty much a disaster from the get-go. But all's well that ends well, right?

The boys were glad to see us, and we were so glad to see them. They are the best boys ever. I can't believe how much I missed them. They are a lot of work (like, a lot of work, just ask their grandparents), but being apart from them is like losing an arm or leg for me. They are so much a part of me. Ever since I had Owen, I became this weird thing called Mommy, and it is all that I am. So being away from them was hard. But we're together again, and they are (I think) looking forward to meeting Sister. And I know she is looking forward to meeting them!

I'll be back on a plane in less than a week, but I'll try to find time to update more. Thanks for sticking by us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a doll! She looks like a sweetheart! How exciting for you all, to add this precious girl to your family. Best wishes as you travel again to bring her to her new life.

Dawn said...

She is such a cutie pie! What a blessing...I am sure you can't wait until the traveling is done and you are home sweet home for good:-) We'll keep you in our prayers.