Saturday, February 11, 2006

Enriching the Body and the Mind

Keith is home this weekend, a brief hiatus after being away 2 weeks. It is incredibly good to see him, and to have someone else to hand the kids off to after a while. He is currently bathing them while I play around on the Internet, and who could ask for more than that?

While he's been gone, I've taken on the full responsibility for the two wee ones and the house. I know, I know, single parents do it all the time. The thing about me is this: I married young. I moved out of my parents' house and into my husband's. I am not the independent type. I'm scared to be alone in the house at night, I don't take the trash out, I don't do anything with the cars. But in my current situation, I'm forced to take on things I normally wouldn't, and I'm actually kind of proud of myself. I took the car for an oil change last week. I take the trash out. Both boys are clean, eating food, tucked in at night. The laundry is caught up. So I feel good about that. Makes me want to challenge myself a little more (just a little). So I'm creating an enrichment program for myself, for body and mind. I'll keep a journal here to track my attempts at attaining my goals. Hopefully I will be successful.

No comments: