Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend Recap

We spent all weekend doing nothing at all, not even the things that really needed doing, like house cleaning. It was a holiday, after all. We ran some errands, played outside, and yesterday I went shopping all day, by myself, while Keith stayed with the boys. Mostly we enjoyed each other's company and ate popcorn. It was fabulous.

Keith and I also spent several hours this weekend studying Russian. It's a phonetic language, so once you know the letters, you can read some words by sounding them out. We've ordered a Russian/English dictionary to take on our trip with us, and at least now we can sound out words in order to look them up. It's not easy, though, learning a new alphabet. Now I know how Owen feels, trying to learn to spell and read.

The hair is okay. I'm not traumatized. It's a lot to get used to, going from straight hair to curly hair, and I'm not good at fixing it yet. Owen asked, "Why is your hair wrinkly?" I think it's a good change, if I can figure out how to work it.

Yesterday after he woke up from nap, Owen called me into his room and asked if I would hold him for a little while. My big boy, sometimes he needs a little cuddling still. So we snuggled in his tiny twin bed for about half an hour, until he thought he could face the world again. Almost 3 years old, but always my baby.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Robyn, no matter what age they are they will always be your baby. I still have 3 and they are 16, 12, 10. But there are times that they are to grown up to hug or show feelings too. Enjoy it though!! Kim

Kim said...

Robyn, no matter what age they are they will always be your baby. I still have 3 and they are 16, 12, 10. But there are times that they are to grown up to hug or show feelings too. Enjoy it though!! Kim