Thursday, September 29, 2005

Another (Blah) Day

This week is dragging on forever. I am waiting very impatiently for the weekend to get here. We have no plans in particular, but that's what I like about it. I'm exhausted this week. Hopefully the weather will be super this weekend, and we can go downtown, or at least to a park somewhere. Life is so boring lately. Can you believe I'm saying that with a 1-year old and 2-year old? But really, same old-same old every day.

Keith worked super late last night, so the boys and I went to Cracker Barrel. As I was outnumbered 2 to 1, I was a little nervous. But they did so good. Owen wanted pancakes; I tried to talk him into a grilled cheese, or macaroni and cheese, or their really super good green beans. He stood his ground on the pancakes. But when they arrived, he shunned them for half of Ari's grilled cheese and okra. After he polished that off, he ate his pancakes. That boy, he can eat him some comfort carbs. The only downside to Cracker Barrel is that the walk from the entrance to the dining room is an unbelievable danger to a 2-year old. Everything is on Owen's level, and blinking or playing music, and MADE OF GLASS. Good idea, Cracker Barrel, very family-friendly. He only grabbed one thing, and I wrestled it away before he broke it, so we didn't have any unwanted purchases last night.

I had a dentist appointment yesterday, just a cleaning. He told me if I don't get braces on my bottom teeth, I'm risking gum disease and gingivitis. They aren't really crooked, but they are crowded, and the dentist said there's no way to clean between them. So that's something I guess I should look into while we have good insurance. I hate dental work, fillings, root canals, whatever - so if I can avoid that by getting braces, maybe I should?

Ari has some new adorable tricks in his repetoire. If we tell him, "Baby night-night!" he puts his finger to his lips and blows instead of saying shhhh. Looks like he's putting out a candle, but very cute. He also puts shoes on now. He loves shoes, even if they're not his. You won't find him walking around the house without a pair of Keith's huge tennis shoes on, or a pair of my flip-flops, or slippers, or whatever he can get his hands on. Yesterday when I arrived at the sitter's to pick them up, Ari sat down by my feet and yanked on my shoes and hollered until I slipped them off and he put them on. Silly baby. Oh, and he calls me Da-da.

Recorded so I don't forget . . . yesterday I was singing in the car. "Tommy can you hear me?" Owen interrupted - "Thomas the Train, you mean?"

No comments: