Friday, August 19, 2005

Plans Underway

We've purchased Ari's birthday presents, ordered the dinosaur-shaped cake, bought balloons and a big candle shaped like the number one. We bought a Happy Birthday banner and yellow plates to go with our green tablecloth (which matches the green dinosaur-shaped cake). Owen is very excited. He helped me wrap presents last night (I snuck one in for him, too, but he didn't realize it). His only disappointment so far is when I didn't get a cake with strawberries on it. I don't know why he wanted one with strawberries on it, but he insisted that Ari would love it. The only one I could find was a Strawberry Shortcake one, and I thought maybe Ari wouldn't love that after all. But we compromised and decided that on Owen's birthday, if he still wanted a strawberry-topped cake, I'd get it for him. I can't wait to try to find strawberries in October! Will worry about that later.

So I guess Monday night we'll all gather in our kitchen, the four of us, and hang our balloons and light the candle, and at 10:30PM on the dot, our little baby will turn 1 year old!

1 comment:

Kim said...

sounds like the makings of a great b-day!