Friday, March 11, 2005

Notes from St. Louis

I made it Wednesday night, in record time. I pulled into St. Louis around 7PM, and was at the Yus' by 730PM. I've been trying to help out as much as possible, but Taya is a good baby and Betsy's not exactly bedridden, so I don't have that much to do. I cooked dinner last night, and I try to clean up the kitchen or fold laundry when needed. And of course, I hold the baby whenever I possibly can. She is a beatiful little thing. Taya is dark, with very Asian eyes and a headful of dark brown hair. Her fingers and her feet are so long! Her cheeks are chubby and she has little rosebud lips. She's adorable. I took a million pictures, but I didn't bring my cable, so I can't upload them until I get home.

I've called home to check in a couple of times, and as far as I can tell, everyone is still there and accounted for. I've tried to talk to Owen twice, and he won't have any part of it. I can hear him on the other end of the phone protesting when Keith tells him to say hi to me. "I don't want to! I can't!" Thanks, son.

I will be heading out towards Nashville tomorrow morning early. I don't really mind the drive so much. I hope to be home by noon or shortly after. It's an interesting drive, through Illinois, Kentucky, and into Tennessee. Pretty scenery, at least.

Have pictures, will upload, as soon as I get back to Music City.

No comments: