Friday, February 11, 2005

Warning: Fragments Ahead

Today, for some reason, I feel good. I have a raging headache, but aside from that, everything is pointing towards a good day. I like these days. Here’s the short list:

  • It’s sunny. Finally. What is it about sun that makes me happy?
  • Keith’s off all weekend. He’ll be studying mostly, but still, he’ll be around.
  • My boys. I’m thinking about them a lot today, especially Owen who was actually up before I left for work. It makes my day to see him in the morning, all squinty-eyed with sleep, warm from his bed, holding his little baby, standing in my doorway as a good morning greeting.
  • My fat jeans. I’m wearing them today. I haven’t been able to fit into my fat jeans since I had Ari! I bought these jeans after I had Owen, so they’re still dubbed fat jeans, but getting into them is a good sign.
  • All documents are notarized, check is written, stamp is on the envelope with our preliminary application for adoption. The envelope is in the mail.
  • Owen’s getting a flu shot Monday! After months of searching for one. This won’t make him happy, but it makes me feel much better. Ari’s signed up for one on February 23, but we think they’ll run out by then.

If I could shake this headache, we’d really be going places.


It’s so cold here. It snowed quite a bit yesterday. Stark contrast to last weekend’s 60 – 65 degree temps. I miss the warmth. But at least it’s not raining. I stopped on the way to work this morning to get a white chocolate mocha from the little coffee shop by my house. I do this every now and then, when I’m running early, or if I just really need the warmth or caffeine. Today I needed the extra warmth. I dragged myself up and got around early so I could stop in. I got there on time, and ordered a white choc-o-chino. I waited for a few minutes, and then they called out my name, and I went up to get my drink. Unfortunately, it was at that exact moment I realized that the choc-o-chinos are iced drinks. So I sadly gathered my iced coffee and headed out into the snow. I ordered the wrong thing. I was cold. But I drank it. Those iced coffees are not coffee at all, but mostly sugar. Which isn’t great for the diet, but was great for the sugar buzzzz zz z zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Whee!

No comments: