Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Funniest Thing Ever

Last night at bedtime, I was putting Owen's overnight diaper on, and I noticed his peep looked a little red (he'll appreciate this story when he's 14 or so). So I asked him if it was hurting him. He said, "No, but [and this is where I died laughing] my stripe hurts." He pointed at his butt crack. MY STRIPE HURTS! It was the funniest thing ever. I said, "Your stripe?" and he was like, "Yeah, this [points to crack]. My stripe." Like it was totally normal to call it a stripe. I tried to stifle my laughter, and I said (yes, my son says butt), "Do you mean your butt crack?" He thought about it for a minute, and then he nodded. "Yes. My bum crap." I lost all composure. I laughed so hard I was in tears. He started laughing too, and we both laughed until we had the hiccups. Then he came over close, grabbed my face in his little hands, and said, "Mom, are you laughing because I say 'bum crap'?" I said yes, I was, and we laughed a little more. Ah, my kingdom for the mind of a two-year old.

No comments: