Thursday, January 13, 2005

I Will Totally Randy Moss You

To my anonymous commenter who openly mocked my ability to pick NFL games, I say the following:

  1. Thanks, I thought I'd trademark that. The No Fun League, TM, sucka.
  2. A 5-11 season does not a bad team make. The Titans have some rebuilding to do, but they'll be back. Even if they let Samari Rolle go (and please, oh please, don't do it, Floyd). So back off the boys.
  3. I guess when Green Bay beat the Vikings twice in the regular season, and then played them in the playoffs at Lambeau no less, it wasn't reason enough to think they might be able to take them? Seriously, with a quarterback who is possibly one of the best to ever play the game, the magic of the field, and the memory of Reggie White, didn't you get goosepimply just thinking about it? That's how I picked Green Bay over Minnesota. Stupid me. Now, we all know this about Brett Favre: he's like the little girl. You know, the little girl? With the curl? In the middle of her forehead. You're getting me now. When he's good, he's very very good. And when he's bad... well, he throws four picks. But I had faith in him. I thought he could do it. Just like I started out the season thinking Houston might go somewhere. Scoff and hardy har.
So to my anonymous commenter (and I hope you're my dad, because he's the only one who can take me to task like that), who do you pick to win in the playoffs? Who do you think will win the Super Bowl? Put your money where your, well, keyboard is, I guess.

On another note, I've heard the term "Randy Moss-ing" on several sports shows now, and I like that. They've turned it into a verb, as in, I will totally Randy Moss you, or "Kyle and Keith, will you two stop pantsing each other? Enough Randy Mossing for one night."

I got 99 problems, but the NFL ain't one.

No comments: