Monday, January 10, 2005

100th Percentile

Ari had his 4-month shots this morning, and he weighs 19 pounds, 2 ounces. He is in the 100th percentile for weight and head circumference. He is in the 75th percentile for height. That's my boy! My enormous, chunky, breastfed boy! He's healthy and perfect. That's the best news.

The doctor said we should up his feedings, from 5 ounces per bottle to 6 ounces, which should help Ari last longer between bottles. He's currently eating every 2.5 hours, sometimes even every 2 hours. The doctor wants him to go 4 hours between feedings. I'll try, but I'm not going to force him to go hungry just to meet a time schedule. Hopefully the larger bottles will hold him over better. He also said we should up his oatmeal feedings to twice daily, instead of the once a day we've been feeding him. I'll hold off on fruits and vegetables for another month or so, since the doctor didn't mention giving him any.

He also gave Ari some nasal drops and Tylenol, as he is currently fighting off some sort of cold or congestion. His eyes, nose, and ears are pouring all sorts of junk, and he's sneezing and coughing. He looks rough, but he's acting like his normal happy self. He's so cheerful, even when he's not feeling great. I personally think whatever is ailing him is directly related to the teething he's going through. He is in the midst of cutting his first teeth, right about the time Owen did. He is chewing on his fingers, my fingers, the bottle nipple, whatever he can get in there. And he's drooling everywhere. I just know they'll be breaking through in the next month to six weeks. I can't hardly believe it's that time already!

I have much more funny and interesting news from our weekend trip to Gatlinburg, but I will go into that later, probably when I get home tonight. And lots of pictures, too. To follow shortly.

No comments: