Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Seth Hayden - 5 Months

Honestly, five months already.


At 5 months, you are:

  • sleeping through the night, finally. Going to bed between 8:30 and 9, and sleeping until 6 AM. Then after eating, you sleep for another hour or two. Not bad, grasshopper.
  • still nursing, and showing no interest in eating solids. You definitely are interested in grabbing at my food or drink, spilling it if you can, but when I try to feed you solids, you have no clue what to do with them.
  • wearing 6 - 12 month clothes and size 3 diaper. I would estimate your weight at 17.5 pounds.
  • rolling tummy to back like a pro, and rolling back to tummy every so often. Even if you can't crawl, you are certainly mobile, and can manage to move yourself around the floor just by twisting, turning and rolling.
  • not sitting up yet, but trying really hard.
  • cutting a tooth! It's official, it's broken the skin. And IT IS SHARP.
  • good at controlling your grasp, able to aim your hand at something and actually get a hold of it.
  • squealing, cooing, laughing, but no consonant sounds yet.
  • recognizing faces, especially Daddy and me. When Daddy gets home from work, you throw both of your hands in the air and wave at him to come and pick you up already!

I can't help myself, I am completely crazy about you. Some days I have a feeling that a sweeter, more precious baby has never been born ever in the entire world. You are just THAT SWEET. I am so glad you are here.

Love,
Mama

No comments: