Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Doll Quilt Swap!


I have so much fun in these doll quilt swaps! This is my second time to participate in this particular one, and I absolutely loved making this little quilt. This is actually version 2; the first one I made just didn't seem to fit my (super-secret) swap partner. She is a thrifter, a lovely romantic vintage-y sort of type, and I picked out these fabrics just for her. I hope she likes them! I put it in the mail today. Sorry for the dark photos; it's overcast here today, and while I am loving the cooler weather, it makes for not-awesome photos.
On a very un-frugal note, I apparently am horrible at judging how much fabric to buy. This little quilt is maybe 14" by 14" (or maybe a touch larger), and I bought enough fabric for not only this project, but also the baby quilt project you see below (I did pull some white from stash, but seriously). At least I buy too much and not too little!

1 comment:

Sarah and Jack said...

Thank you so much. I love it, and it is gorgeous!