Saturday, December 02, 2006

Fast forward to fun times

So I haven't updated in a while, I see. I thought momentarily about breaking up with the blog, you know, it's not you it's me, that kind of thing. But I think life is going to get really interesting in the next few months, so I might actually have something to talk about. In the meanwhile, let's fast forward from the last time I posted... we had Thanksgiving, my parents and Kyle came, the food was amazing as usual. Keith and Kyle had birthdays, and then I had a work Christmas party for my team at my house. That was Friday night. There were 19 people here in all, 8 kids and 11 adults, and the house was jumping jumping. We had all kinds of foods, beverages, games. It was an absolute blast. All of my co-workers are drinkers, so many of the beverages were of the adult variety, but no one was straight up imbibed, thank goodness. I can honestly say that for the first time in my life, I actually really really like my co-workers. How often can you say that, right? I took a lot of pictures, and most of them are in the Flickr account, so if you're interested, you can click over on the left there on the Flickr badge and browse through them. Although, be forewarned, most of them look a lot like this:



That's my friend Joni, and me snuggled up on her, doing my standard Blue Steel. I had to teach her the look so we could have pictures of both of us doing it, but she mostly just closed her eyes and laughed in all the pictures. Mary Ann though, she was good at it. I like that digital cameras have a long delay - gives me plenty of time to strike a pose.

And by the end the night (midnight-ish) we were having so much fun, even the designated drivers were buzzed (this is Annie's husband Eric - you may know her as Kenickie):



That's pretty much it for how it happened. Just 6 hours of food, drinks, and laughter. Oh how I missed having friends and fun times. And playing GAMES! Being social. Having 10-year olds around to watch the little kids. Good times, good times.

Is it December already ? What the heck? It's just crazy from here on out, isn't it?

Last picture - is there anything cuter than little babies in their pajamas? Methinks not. Bear witness:



Also, a quick update is in the goal journal.

No comments: